The draft Wildlife Bill and Policy are now finalized and public comments will he heard on 29th August. They are available on the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife website : www.forestryandwildlife.go.ke .
You will note that the Widlife Bill is substantially different to the current existing Wildlife Act.
Key issues we would like your thoughts on in this Bill
- Changes in the structure of the organs managing wildlife – creation of a Wildlife Authority
- Provision for Community conservation of wildlife through community wildlife associations
- Recognition and regulation of privately owned conservation areas
- Incentives for wildlife conservation
- Provision of wildlife user rights including culling and cropping
- Conservation orders and easements
- Mechanisms for the control of problem animals and establishment of county compensation committees
- Protected water towers of national importance
- Nationally listed endangered and threatened ecosystems (Nairobi Park and the Athi-Kapiti Ecosystem are listed as Critically endangered)
- Nationally listed endangered species
- Nationally listed invasive species
- Consumptive wildlife utilization
- Management plans
FoNNaP members can submit comments to us through firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26th August at 5 pm for compilation.
Comments can also be sent directly to email@example.com or to the:
Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife
Telposta Towers, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 41394-00100
Please share this information with all who would be interested.